Common Brake Issues
When it comes to the brakes, drivers often experience one or more of the following issues:
- Soft brake pedal. If the brake pedal sinks to the floor with little resistance, this is a major issue that requires immediate attention. It is a sign that the braking system is near failure.
- Braking causes vehicle to pull to one side or another. This issue almost always goes beyond tires alone and is often a sign that your calipers have frozen up.
- Shaking or vibrating. Warped or damaged rotors, as well as uneven brake pad impressions or other issues, can contribute to this common brake system problem. If your vehicle shakes or vibrates when braking at high speeds, it’s time to see a mechanic.
- Screeching or grinding. When you hear strange noises while applying the brakes it is most likely a sign of worn pads or other brake system issues. It is recommended that you take your vehicle in for a brake inspection as soon as possible.
- Burning smell. Burning smells can be many things in a vehicle, but are common signs that your brakes are overheating or the pads are wearing away.
Well Diagnose the Problem
The braking system is fairly complex and is fundamental to the operation of the car. What may seem like an issue with the brake pads could end up being something entirely different. Here is a list of brake system components we frequently work with and repair:
- ABS Control Module
- Brake Booster
- Brake Pads
- Master Cylinder
- Brake Sensors
- Disc and Drum Brakes
Get an Inspection, Today!
If you or someone you know in Downtown SLC is in need of brake repair, maintenance, or an inspection, then don’t hesitate to give our friendly and experienced technicians at Master Muffler a call. We take pride in keeping your vehicle on the road, and your right to the freedom of transportation alive!